1. Where are you now and how had been your journey since you left MACE? Any new qualifications, serious hobbies since you left MACE?
Presently I am in Abu Dhabi, UAE working with Siemens – Transmission Solutions as Head of Tender Management responsible for Middle East for High Voltage Substations up to 1000kV. No new qualifications.
2. Could you elaborate on your family, kids their areas of interest and other things that you may lke to share?
My wife Nisha Biju John from Adoor, Kerala working as Commercial Project Manager for Siemens – Energy Automation, Abu Dhabi, UAE. I have three kids: My elder daughter “Janet Elizabeth John” studying for 1st Year, BBA-LLB in Mar-Ivanios College, Trivandrum. Son “Jeffin Varghese John” in 8th grade and younger daughter “Julia Mariam John” in 6th grade both are studying in Abu Dhabi Indian School, UAE. My younger daughter is keen in colouring and son is a keyboard player and very much interested in Space Science.
3. How do you feel about meeting old friends after a long gap?
I am very much happy to see all of them and if possible we all like to go for a late night movie in kothamangalam and after the movie in the early morning would like to have kappa, beef and black coffee from the thattukada.
4. What was your dream as a child? Did you ever think of doing what you do today?
My dream was to become an electrical engineer and thank god i succeeded in it.
5. Are there any unique factors associated with MACE that you think contributed to your success in later life?
The days in MACE especially the hostel life help me to mingle with different personalities which helps me a lot to work in multinational company with more than 200 nationalities.
6. If you are abroad or interstate, please could you share some insights about your transition to life there? Any difficulties in integrating with locals there?
I am in UAE where we can find more than 200 nationalities and it was very difficult to integrate with the locals. Since we are in the professional field it was easy to manage.
7. If you meet your own younger self in MACE today what would you say ?
Enjoy your life very well. You won’t get this chance again.
8. Are you and family involved in any community activities/charity programs/political organisations/church /temple etc? What is your take on that? Why do you think it is important?
Yes we are actively participating in the Church (St.George Orthodox Cathedral, Abu Dhabi) activities.
9. Did you have a role model while studying in MACE? Why did that person influenced you?
10. What is the most memorable event from MACE that you may like to share?
I don’t have any specific event. My 1st Year engineering life in Pooyamkutty Lodge where we all enjoyed a lot.
11. If you are to tell about the lowest and highest points in your 25 years of life, what would you say? Any regrets?
Thank god my family and professional life went very well in the last 25yrs for that I am very well obliged to my wife as well. No regret at all.
12. What is your advice to current and future students of MACE?
As explained earlier enjoy the time and also remember why our parents send to MACE? Fulfil their dreams and hard work to achieve your ambitions as well.
13. Finally did you have any nickname in MACE?